Brian Taylor – Legislative changes, Senate Bill 409
New 2020 Electrical Code Interpretations have been added.
2023 Electrical Institute Panelist Questions and Answers
QO Plug-On Neutral Load Center – INSPECTOR LETTER
Other than One- & Two-family Dwellings : Effective November 1, 2021 – The 2020 National Electrical Code with NC Amendments
One- & Two-family Dwellings will remain under the requirements of the 2017 NEC with NC Amendments.
Proposed North Carolina Amendments to the 2020 National Electrical Code
View the proposed North Carolina Amendments prepared by the Electrical Adhoc Committee, July 7, 2020
Recent amendments to the 2017 North Carolina Electrical Code.
The State Electrical Division’s “Codes and Interpretations” webpage has updated the file named “2017 NC Additional Amendments (Updated December 17, 2019)” to reflect the most recent updates to the Electrical Code approved by the Rules Review Commission. This file can be found the link here:
The new amendments that were recently added are sections 210.8(B), 406.4(D)(4), 695.2, and 695.3. If your computer caches the old page, you will need to refresh the page.
- The NC Electrical Inspector Association promotes uniform understanding and application of the
North Carolina Electrical Code to enhance safe installation and use of electricity.
- To promote the welfare of all jurisdictions within its territory.
- To promote uniform understanding, application, and enforcement of NC Electrical Code.
- To promote all means of increasing the level of professionalism and efficiency of local electrical
- To create a better public understanding and appreciation of NC Electrical Code regulations and their
importance to public health, safety and welfare.
- To promote and improve the standard of the profession of electrical inspectors.